Advanced technology and treatments for orthopedic patients
The orthopedic department is a specialized branch of medicine which particularly deals with the deformities of bones and the muscles. It involves the study of the musculoskeletal system. It also involves joints, tendons, nerves, muscles and ligaments and enables them to be active and function properly. This branch specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of various orthopedic injuries and health conditions.
The situations and reasons:
There are various reasons which lead to orthopedic issues. Some of the major reasons are as follows:
- Fracture of the bone while falling or accident.
- Minor fractures due to sudden jerk or accidents.
- Muscle spasm caused due to exercise.
- The stiffness of muscles due to health condition like Arthritis or any other issue.
- Muscle pain due to stretching or any injury caused while strenuous workout.
The orthopedic treatment is done in different ways. While few patients can simply feel relieved just with medicines, others might need physiotherapy and functional exercises for enhancing the mobility and functionality of the affected area. In cases where the damage is more, surgery is the last resort. However, the role of orthopedic surgeon doesn’t end with the surgery. Post surgery care is equally important for recovery. The post surgery period also requires medicines and few exercises to gain back the mobility.
A doctor who is qualified and trained in diagnosis and treatment (which involves pre-operative, operative and post-operative phase) of the Musculoskeletal system of the body is known as an orthopedic surgeon.
The orthopedic surgeons use surgical as well as non-surgical ways to treat various issues such as musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, infections, spine diseases, tumors, degenerative diseases and congenital disorders. The surgeries performed by the orthopedic doctors involve:
- Shoulder surgery
- Hand surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Spine surgery
- Ankle/ foot surgery
- Surgical sports medicine
- Musculoskeletal oncology
- Orthopedic trauma
The Best Orthopedic treatment in India is available at almost all renowned medical institutes and Hospitals of India. Hospital with multi-specialty departments often has an orthopedic department which encompasses state of the art technology and premium services for ease of patients. The medical tourism in India has flourished owing to affordable rates and flexible terms and conditions along with easy procedures. More and more people get inclined towards India for their treatment.
Orthopedic issues can affect our lives greatly if remain untreated. These issues are often associated with chronic pain and immobility which makes it difficult to perform routine activities. Lack of treatment can lead to severe and lifetime damage.
The diagnosis of the orthopedic issues is made as follows:
- X-Ray: X-ray is generally one of the first tests which are performed by the doctor to analyze the condition. It gives cross- sectional image of the body to see the shape, position, and size of the internal organs.
- CT Scan: CT scan combines X-ray with that of computer technology which offers detailed information about the internal organs than a simple x-ray.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging: MRI is the modern way of diagnostics which uses radiations for cross –sectional images of internal organs.