A poor performance of Internet connection can be annoying. But if you want, you can fix such brain-teaser issues on your own. The condition is you have to perform all the process of troubleshooting with a cool and peaceful mind. On the other hand, the performance of slow Internet connection is also caused by an outdated broadband router. Most people in the entire world fail during their process of Netgear Extender Setup due to following reasons.
- Distance between router and the range extender.
- Conflicts between the Internet and smart devices that are caused by third-party neighboring devices.
- Outdated firmware of router and modem.
You are supposed to apply some of the valuable points following in order to get your New Extender Setup configured successfully.
- Plug your range extender only in the room of router, so that you can connect them both properly with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Do not proceed until and unless you see blinking green lights on your range extender and router.
- As soon as you see the LED starts blinking, connect your laptop/ computer with the range extender
- Before opening a web browser, be sure that your devices are all clear from malicious files, malware, and browsing history.
- Once you have cleared all cache and the cookies for your PC, you can now open a web browser and type Mywifiext.net into field of the address bar.
For default login details, call Netgear Support on toll-free number 1-888-829-5515.
Steps to perform when your Home Network Connection Underperforms
- Consider checking settings of your existing Router
As we already discussed above that the broadband router of yours can be responsible for slow Internet connection. For this, what you have to do, upgrade it to the latest firmware or if possible, consider buying a new one. Moreover, you have to choose an appropriate place for your router.
- Choose the best location for your router. The center spot of the house would be the best.
- Not only this, you have to place your router away from the reach of unidentified traffic (third-party devices) and also from those that are daily used in your house.
- Such devices are metal appliances and electronic gadgets that you use in your house daily. We insist you to turn them off during the process of installation and configuration.
Note– If your device is overheated, shut it down for two minutes before proceeding further.
- Restart your Computer
This is not a useless suggestion, it is the very useful and helpful fact that if you reset your computer once, you will get all the solution to the Internet related problems. Also, remember that when you turn off your computer, your Internet adapter wouldn’t get disabled. This process will also help you to log into mywifiext and complete the process of Mywifiext.net Setup.
- Restart Your Modem and the Router
The easiest way that you can complete the process of the Netgear Router Setup is just by unplugging both modem and the modem form the main socket. Do not plug them back immediately. Wait for 5 minutes and then proceed further.
- Get rid of Signal Interferences
Do you know the fact that WiFi and other types of wireless connection in today’s world of modern technology often perform poorly due to signal interferences? So, as we have discussed before, you are supposed to disable all the home appliances like cordless phones, Bluetooth speaker, microwaves, etc that they would create any disaster. On the other hand, neighbors wireless network also interfere with your computer and the Internet.
Just place your device away from such obstructions.
Do not worry if you fail going through the above-given steps. Just give us a call on toll-free number mentioned above and experience the change of all your problems that are solved in minutes.